Before you apply
Please check to see if you meet the eligibility criteria below:
- You will be a high school junior or senior in fall 2019.
- You are college bound and in good academic standing.
- You have a hearing loss. To be eligible for admission to EYF, a student must possess a severe to profound hearing loss in both ears. Specifically, a student must demonstrate significant hearing loss across the 500 to 2000 Hz range in each ear as this is the population of deaf and hard-of-hearing students that NTID and the EYF program were established to serve.
For us to consider your application, you need to submit the application along with the required three items below.
- An official copy of your high school transcript from 9th grade to the present
- A copy of your unaided audiogram (results without hearing aid or cochlear implant)
- An official copy of your ACT/SAT/PSAT scores (if you have taken any of these)
Complete the online application and click submit. After you submit your application electronically you need to mail the three required items, listed above, to the address below. Acceptance into the program is contingent on you submitting the three pieces of required information.
Mail all required documents to:
You are not accepted into the program until we have received and reviewed all of your necessary documents for EYF and we send you an official acceptance letter. This is when you will know you're officially an EYF participant for summer 2018.
Payment and Registration Forms
Payment and Registration Forms will be made available starting January 2019
Questions about program fees or support? Contact us at 585-475-6700 (voice), toll-free in the U.S. and Canada at 1-866-644-6843, by videophone at 585-743-1366, by text/FaceTime at 585-448-9651 or by e-mail at EYFinfo@rit.edu.