The WRP is a recruitment and referral program that connects federal and private sector employers nationwide with highly motivated college students and recent graduates with disabilities who are eager to prove their abilities in the workplace through summer or permanent jobs. Annually, trained WRP recruiters from federal agencies conduct personal interviews with interested candidates on college and university campuses across the country. Candidates represent all majors, and range from college freshmen to graduate students and law students. Information from these candidate interviews is compiled in a searchable database that is available to federal Human Resources Specialists, Equal Employment Opportunity Specialists, and other hiring officials in federal agencies.
WRP interviews are conducted remotely by telecommunications and coordinated through the NTID Center on Employment and generally happen the end of October or the beginning of November. Students can apply for WRP opportunities by following the instructions provided below. Registration will close October 11, 2019 and all application materials must be uploaded to the WRP website by 11:59 pm PST Ocotber 15.
- Undergraduate or graduate
- Associate degree
- Bachelor degree or beyond
- All majors
- Must register every year
- Deaf or Hard of Hearing or any kind of disability
- U.S. Citizen
- Full-time currently enrolled this semester, or
- Graduated with a degree on or after April 1, 2018.
3: REGISTRATION PROCESS (First part)
- Complete the brief registration process
- Select the second listing for Rochester Institute of Technology that includes National Technical Institue For the Deaf (even if you are a cross-registered student at RIT, you must select Rochester Institute of Technology, National Technical Instititue for the Deaf as your college)
- Receive an email from the coordinator if you are approved or not
4: APPLICATION PROCESS (Second part)
- If you are approved, you will receive an email from WRP with a temporary password and link to application.
- On the link, type the temporary password (DO NOT COPY AND PASTE)
- Then you can change the temporary password to create your own password (follow the requirements CAREFULLY)
- Username is your email address
5: APPLICATION PROCESS (cont.)
Upload *required documents:
- *Updated resume (Word or PDF)
- *Unofficial transcript ( from SIS)
- Letters of recommendation, writing samples, etc. ( optional)
Deadline of the application submission:
October 15, 11:59 pm PST
6: FINAL PROCESS: INTERVIEWS
After your application is complete and successfully submitted:
- Receive an email from NCE about scheduling the interview date and time and sign up.
- Contact your Employment Advisor about how to get a Schedule A letter (important).
Dates of interviews: October 28- November 18, 2019
The 2020 database goes live for Federal employers in Mid-December.
NOTE: You must participate in an interview to be considered for WRP opportunities.
Registration will close October 11, 2019.
All application materials must be uploaded to the WRP website by 11:59 pm PST October 15th.
No late applications will be accepted.
You will need time to get your registration approved by Regina Kiperman-Kiselgof and gather your resume and transcript and complete your application, so please don't delay!
Contact your NCE Employment Advisor or Regina Kiperman-Kiselgof at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions on the WRP registration, application and interview process.