Technology & Information Services

Contact Info
585-475-2200 (voice)
585-286-4591 (VP)

Enter a Support Ticket

ITS System Status Updates

For information on RIT systems and any outages or other issues that may be occurring, check the ITS System Status Updates twitter feed.

Services Provided

  • User support requests
  • Software installation
  • Equipment set-up
  • Events - technical support
  • Equipment Loans
    • Laptop short term and long term
    • Audience Response Devices (Clickers)
    • DV Cameras
    • Projectors/Screens
    • Vizualizer
    • Webcams
    • Easels
    • Digital Signage
    • Conference phone
    • Portable audio
    • Miscellaneous peripheral loans
  • Classroom/Lab/Conference Room Technology Support
  • Electronics Recycling
  • Fax services
  • Captioning request
  • Video Wall request
  • Printer support
  • Room access requests
  • Password resets
  • Server permissions
  • Email support
  • Event scheduling
  • Custom application development and support
  • Idea Tools support


NTID follows all RIT standard security policies. Many of these policies have a Plain English version, however if you have question about a standard, the Service Desk can assist.

All NTID computers are required to follow these standards and must have NTID required software present and operational on the equipment at all times.

PC Application Requirements

  • Spirion (Identity Finder)
  • Ivanti (LANDesk) Agent
  • SentinalOne Antivirus
  • Encryption (McAfee Encryption): All laptops must be encrypted. Desktop computers need to be encrypted unless the user has an approved Workstation Encryption Exception Request form on file.

Mac Application Requirements

  • Spirion (Identity Finder)
  • Ivanti (LANDesk) Agent
  • SentinalOne Antivirus
  • Encryption with FileVault

If you are unable to comply with these standards and policies, the RIT Information Security Office and NTID require you to file an exception form. The most common forms are included in the "Forms" list above. Please contact the Service Desk if you are unable to complete the form required or need assistance in determining whether a form should be filed.