Being a Student-Athlete in the COVID Era: Virtual Drop-in Connections
Counseling and Psychological Services (CaPS) will be offering virtual gatherings to help student-athletes thrive and connect during this time of transition. These virtual gatherings are designed to create a space to discuss emotional reactions to the COVID-19 pandemic and its many consequences, including:
- abrupt disruption to the athletic season and transition to online learning
- unexpectedly being separate from your team and routine
- adjusting to living at home with family, friends, or alone
- grief regarding important athletic career milestones being cancelled or postponed
- fear over loss of performance and health
- uncertainty about the future
To join us, please register and agree to our participation guidelines on CampusGroups. Once registered, an email will be sent including the Zoom link to access the group.
**You do not need to be connected with Counseling and Psychological Services to participate. Please be aware, these gatherings are not a replacement for psychotherapy. Please contact CaPS at 585-475-2261 if you are interested in scheduling a telemental health consultation or in need of an urgent care visit during business hours. After hours crisis support is available at 855-436-1245.
**Please register for each Virtual Drop-In Connection separately as each event has a unique zoom link that will be emailed to you upon registration confirmation.
When and Where
This is an RIT Only Event