Business Skills for Aspiring Leaders Certificate Program
Develop foundational business concepts and practices that will advance your corporate and entrepreneurial leadership and set yourself up for career success.
GOAL: To introduce non-business students to critical business concepts and skills to help them effectively navigate the professional world. Students will put these concepts and skills into practice through an interactive case study and workshops facilitated by Saunders faculty, alumni and industry coaches, and upper-class student leaders.
- Students will become familiar with core business concepts and terminology.
- Students will be better prepared for success in co-ops and jobs by building their knowledge in business leadership and the professional skills needed for workplace effectiveness.
- Students will be more confident presenters and networkers.
- Students will have a greater understanding of how various business disciplines interact in a company.
- Students will build skills to more effectively communicate on multidisciplinary teams that include leads from engineering, art and design, technology, and business.
- Students will put these business skills into practice by completing a 6-week business strategy activity.
This free program is available to all RIT students and is sponsored by the Leadership Academy at Saunders.
Required: Applicants accepted into the program must attend all six in-person sessions during the spring semester, Thursdays, 5-7:30 p.m. (2/8, 2/15, 2/22, 2/29, 3/7, 3/21).
Limited to 30 Students
Deadline to Apply: February 2, 2024
To request ASL interpreting or real-time captioning services, please visit RIT Access Services.
When and Where
This is an RIT Only Event