Industrial Design Winter Break Workshops
RIT's Industrial Design programs are hosting a winter break workshop designed to address how to create the most impactful and meaningful solutions in our quest for tomorrow. "Connecting the Dots" is a series of voluntary Zoom workshops led by RIT Industrial Design alumni set for Jan. 18-22.
Each session will examine how the processes of design integrate the goals of business, community and governance in the delivery of empathic, holistic solutions for the highest quality of life, for all. The challenge at hand is creating the "new norm" for every aspect of every day and for every life as we all move forward.
The workshops are scheduled from 10 a.m.-noon each day, and students will follow with producing a design solution in the afternoon. To learn more and register (free) for the workshops, visit the Eventbrite page.
The alumni facilitators are:
- Monday, Jan. 18: Patricia Moore '74, President of MooreDesign and a 2019 National Design Award
- Tuesday, Jan. 19: Joey Zeledón '06, head of industrial design at HP (Barcelona) and principal designer at Joey Zeledón Studio
- Wednesday, Jan. 20: Jeff Smith '93, cloud adoption specialist at Autodesk
- Thursday, Jan. 21: Paul Magee '93, director of industrial design at Crown Equipment
- Friday, Jan. 22: Panel discussion with facilitators (10 a.m.-noon)
When and Where
Open to the Public