There are several ways to easily and securely add money to your Tiger Bucks and Dining Dollars accounts. The quickest way is through our online portal, Tiger Spend.
Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express deposits are accepted via our online portal, Tiger Spend.
Guests can add funds to a student's account by:
- Students can generate an email requesting funds in Tiger Spend.
- Students can send a link directly to their guest which will direct them to the Make a Deposit feature, where funds can be added. To use this feature, the guest must have the student’s RIT ID number.
- Anyone can access the Make a Deposit feature on Tiger Spend and deposit funds to a student’s account. To use this feature, the guest must have the student’s RIT ID number.
- Tip: If you are a faculty or staff member and you have an RIT student, you can only add funds to your student’s account through the Make a Deposit guest function.
Tiger Spend also allows you to:
- View your balance for meal plans, Dining Dollars, and Tiger Bucks
- View your transaction history
- Set up a low balance warning for yourself or others
- Schedule automatic deposits on specific dates or when your account reaches a threshold
- View locations accepting Tiger Bucks and Dining Dollars
Tiger Spend Reload Stations
Tiger Bucks and Dining Dollars can be added in person at one of our three Tiger Spend Reload Stations. Find one in:
Tiger Spend Reload Stations allow you to add Dining Dollars or Tiger Bucks to an existing RIT ID card. Visitors without an RIT ID card can use the machine to purchase a Reload Card and then add Tiger Bucks funds.
- Tiger Spend Reload Stations accept cash bills up to $100, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and Apple/Google pay.
- No change is given.
- The machine does not accept coins.
- For step by step instructions on how to use the Tiger Spend Reload Stations, view this help article.
- For questions regarding a Tiger Spend Reload Station, contact the RIT Dining Business Office at help.rit.edu or 585-475-5000.
Reload Cards are reusable, temporary cards that act as a debit card for Tiger Bucks. For those without an RIT ID, this is a great option when you do not have cash on hand, cannot use cash, or do not want to carry cash. Reload cards may be purchased for $1 at any reload station.
- Some RIT Dining locations are cashless. Use a Tiger Spend Reload Station to convert cash to Tiger Bucks.
- A reload card removes the worry of yourself or others having to carry cash around campus.
- Reload cards can be acquired and funded at a Tiger Spend Reload Station. They have a $0.00 balance when dispensed. Funds must be loaded on in order to use them.
- Reload card are $1.
- Leftover funds on reload cards cannot be returned. View Reload Card terms and conditions.
RIT Dining Business Office
Deposits can be made in-person at the Dining Business Office on the bottom floor of the SAU in SAU/004 Room A520, by appointment only. To schedule an appointment please call our office at 585-475-5000 or email help.rit.edu. Dining Business Office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Checks can be made payable to RIT Dining Services and mailed to RIT Dining, 39 Lomb Memorial Drive, Rochester, NY 14623. The student’s RIT ID number must be included on the check.
Faculty & Staff Payroll Deduction
Paying with Tiger Bucks is easy, convenient, and saves 10%! Faculty & Staff can add Tiger Bucks to their RIT ID card through payroll deduction in myInfo. Deduction amounts and frequency can easily be changed and appear in the following paystub.
To enroll in payroll deduction, follow these simple steps:
- Login to myInfo.rit.edu
- Navigate to RIT Employee Self-Service
- Choose My Tiger Bucks
- Click the Tiger Bucks Deduction button
- Select Tiger Bucks as the Type and Tiger Bucks Debit as the Option
- In the Amount field, enter the amount you would like deducted each pay period
- Click Apply