How to get your RIT news
RIT University News Services offers these ways to keep up with campus news and events and more this academic year:
• News & Events Daily. Sign up for this newsletter, which arrives in your email Monday through Friday with the latest stories, videos, photos and calendar listings. See past issues at rit.edu/news/nandedaily.php.
• YouTube. Subscribe to the RIT University News channel for videos about campus activities and TV news clips.
• Facebook. Like RIT and RIT News.
• Twitter. Follow @RITNEWS and use #RIT.
• Athenaeum. Read feature stories and profiles in the print newsletter, available in the orange boxes throughout campus six times a year. You can also sign up to receive the online version in your email.
• The University Magazine. The magazine is printed three times a year and is mailed to alumni and current parents. You will find in-depth and trend stories on students and alumni, alumni profiles, letters to the editor, a message from President Destler, regional alumni activities, class notes and more. See the latest stories at rit.edu/news/magazine.php.
• RIT in the Headlines. This monthly email newsletter highlights RIT’s most prominent media placements. See past issues at rit.edu/news/headlines.php or sign up online.
For more, go to www.rit.edu/news or email email@example.com.
March 17, 2019
RIT/NTID to expand education and training through DeafTEC Resource Center
The National Science Foundation has awarded $1.65 million to DeafTEC: Technological Education Center for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Students, which will be used to transition the program into a resource center. The goal of the DeafTEC Resource Center is to increase the number of deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals in highly skilled technician jobs in which there continues to be underrepresentation and underutilization of such individuals in the workplace.
March 17, 2019
RIT heads to Game Developers Conference 2019
More than 100 RIT students, faculty, alumni and staff are visiting San Francisco this week to attend Game Developers Conference 2019, the world’s largest professional gaming industry event of the year. The RIT MAGIC Spell Studios booth is displaying four games created at RIT.
March 15, 2019
Award-winning journalist, RIT Minett Professor to lead women’s leadership conference at RIT, March 22
Saunders College of Business hosts the 10th annual Power Your Potential Women’s Conference, which celebrates National Women’s Month and invites area businesswomen to gain insights from their peers and engage in educational activities geared toward helping women succeed.
March 15, 2019
Data science community to gather at RIT for regional DataFest hackathon March 29-31
Teams of three to five students will have 48 hours to mine a complex data set pertaining to a real-world problem. Teams will test their statistical analytic and data science skills to find the best solution.