RIT ranked among best graduate schools
Nine programs earn top 2016 spots
A. Sue Weisler
Nine Rochester Institute of Technology graduate programs are ranked among the best in the nation, demonstrating the depth and breadth of quality educational opportunities available at the university.
According to U.S. News & World Report’s 2016 edition of America’s Best Graduate Schools, RIT ranked:
- 20th among the nation’s best online computer information technology programs;
- 25th among the nation’s best online MBA programs, with the Saunders College of Business ranking up 10 spots from a year ago. These rankings were also based on surveys of deans, corporate recruiters and others, as well as other factors including salaries paid to graduates and employment rate;
- Tied for 27th among the nation’s best schools offering a master’s in fine art, among universities offering graduate level studies in fine art. These rankings are based solely on a peer assessment survey of 230 Master of Fine Arts programs in art and design;
- Tied for 40th for the physician assistant program of the College of Health Sciences and Technology;
- Tied for 43rd for the best online graduate engineering programs;
- Tied for 70th in physics for the College of Science’s astrophysics program;
- Tied for 83rd among the nation’s best engineering schools, with the Kate Gleason College of Engineering moving up seven places from last year’s rankings. U.S. News looked at programs that grant doctoral degrees, asking engineering school deans and deans of graduate programs, as well as corporate recruiters and company contacts, to rate overall quality. Indicators included student selectivity, faculty resources and research activity;
- Tied for 91st, Saunders College of Business among the nation’s best graduate schools for business;
- Tied for 136th for part-time MBA programs.
“Being consistently ranked among the best graduate programs in the nation in these diverse offerings—fine arts, business, health and computing as well as our long-established science and engineering colleges—is a credit to the academic quality and uniqueness that RIT offers its students,” said RIT President Bill Destler. “We are honored to be recognized on a national level for our graduate programs.”
America’s Best Graduate Schools, with more complete listings, is online at the US News: Best Graduate colleges website.