Position Title: Videographer & Editor
Supervisor: Content Manager
Location: Flexible | Remote
Classification: Full-time Exempt
Convo’s mission is to connect humans through universal communication solutions shaped by cultural experiences. We are a Deaf-owned, Deaf-operated, and FCC-certified company. We are seeking a like-minded and motivated individual to take part in our Marketing team as a Videographer & Editor.
Convo is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome everyone to our team. If you need accommodations during the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use.
At Convo, we redefine what it means to give back, we are all about elevating our community to new heights, and this is not possible without people who share the same passion for our culture and identity. If you feel we’re the place for you, then join us to make a difference!
About the Role
The Videographer & Editor will manage the shooting, editing, and delivery of high-quality and engaging videos that tell the Convo story and bring our brand to life across different platforms and targeted audiences. We're looking for a compelling storyteller with a keen eye and creative flair to join the Marketing team and help us bring our video content to the next level.
- Create and follow scripts, screenplays, or outlines.
- Film, upload, and assemble raw footage on a computer.
- Organize and manage video files and assets.
- Manage the process of visualizing and creating video content, including illustrations, animations,
- Input sound to footage, which may include selecting music and writing voice-over scripts.
- Improve and correct lighting, coloring, and faulty footage.
- Ensure contents are accessible by captioning videos and generating transcripts.
- Work closely with Content Manager on storyboarding/scripts and visual design based on project
requirements and feedback.
- Collaborate with Brand Designer on visual direction and ensure all video content aligns with
- Play an active role in creative training and process improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- Exceptional ability and passion for visual storytelling
- Strong ability to translate sales and product marketing requirements into video
- Highly skilled in post-production editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After
Effects, Adobe Media Encoder, Final Cut Pro X, and Motion
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledgeable in lighting, sound, and video equipment (cameras, lenses, adapters, mounts, rigs,
et cetera) for professional quality marketing and social media videos
- Familiar with 4k camera profiles and settings
- Comfortable with audio editing
- Skilled at general color-correction, compositing, and post-production processes
- Experienced with lighting techniques for film and photography
- Highly detail-oriented
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to take feedback and deliver projects on time
- Able to work collaboratively with team members
- Fluent in American Sign Language
- Bachelor's degree in film, film production, or related field (or equivalent work experience)
*** Please include your reel or any previous film work with your application.