New York, New York. 10003
St. Ann’s Church for the Deaf is the first and oldest church for people who are Deaf in the world. Our mission is to provide welcoming liturgical services, and pastoral and outreach programs, that benefit the Deaf, Deafblind, and hard-of-hearing communities in the general New York City area. We seek a highly organized and reliable individual to join us as an office administrative assistant, supporting the clergy and leadership of the mission. Skills and knowledge required include the ability to communicate in ASL and written English, general office operations, filing, typing, MS Office software, etc. This individual will have the ability to work independently under direction.
Compensation substantially above minimum wage.
People who are Deaf or hard-of-hearing and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Contact: The Rev. Dr. Gene Bourquin at firstname.lastname@example.org
* General knowledge of office operations
* Typing proficiency
* Knowledge of Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Ability to communication in standard American Sign Language and standard written English
* Ability to use video phone software from various providers (Sorensen, Purple, etc.)
* Ability to communicate on Zoom and other conferencing software.
* Ability to adhere to strictly confidentiality