• Develop real time, embedded firmware solutions for critical substation monitoring and diagnostics requirements.
• Work with teams across the organization including customers for technical insight.
• Version Management and traceability
• Coordinate firmware development activities and supervise quality and scheduling.
• Support development team and provide pre-qualification and verification testing. Ensure compliance to all regulatory needs for the product and business
• Supports sales and support team post release to timely meet customer needs.
• Follow software development and validation processes and continuously improve them.
• Use Scrum Agile Methodology for software development.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s in Electrical / Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
• 4+ years of proven experience with Embedded systems design, development, testing, and debugging.
• Ability to demonstrate, but not limited to, Embedded C/C++ development skills in a real time, multi-threaded environment.
• Hands on experience in programming different peripheral interfaces like UART, I2C, SPI etc.
• Experience in developing, debugging, testing industrial protocols, Modbus, DNP3, IEC60870, IEC61850, ethernet systems, protocol analyzers, and industry SCADA practices.
• Expertise in embedded Linux and has written & implemented real time data acquisition, scheduling, and design applications.
• Experience in programming C#, PHP, JS, and scripting languages like Python is asset.
• Experience with IoT protocols, IP communications and/or Industrial embedded applications
• Knowledge of Cyber security implementation
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment