Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey. 07677
Vitec Imaging Distribution is looking for a full-time Designer – Smartphone Accessories to join our organization. The right candidate will be responsible for managing the development and implementation of new concepts and products for JOBY consumer smartphone accessories.
If you have the energy and commitment to work with a fast-paced company where hard work, initiative and enthusiasm are part of the daily routine, then we want to hear from you.
He/she will report to Brand Director - Smartphone Accessories
· Collaborate with marketing, engineering and vendors to develop innovative projects
Implement projects into viable products with respect of time, spec and costs
· Collaborate with external designers and inventors to co-develop new concepts and incremental innovation on existing products
· Achieve an intimate understanding of our users and consumers in order to identify and implement the most innovative features on the market
· Manage project from A-Z in order to hit milestones, achieve shorter time to market, respective deadline
· Perform presentations of project development stage to senior management, in compliance with internal development process
· Bring to design team expertise in conceptualization and best-in-class visualization to ensure a fast development cycle
· Support operations and engineers to ensure vendors will fully understand design and concepts will not be diluted during industrialization phase.
· Bring new ideas on innovative material and components
· Develop technical documentation to ensure full alignment between JOBY and Vendors on assigned projects
· Give design directions for derivative projects to be developed by vendors
· Bachelor’s degree in Design, and International experience gained through his/her academic and/or professional career a plus.
· Accustom to work in a multicultural environment.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in multinational companies active in consumer products.
· Proficiency with current Adobe Creative Suite programs (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge in Sketchup (or other relevant 3D modeling software) is a big plus. Knowledge of AutoCAD is not necessary, but a plus.
· Background in consumer electronics products especially phone accessories is a strong plus.
· Experience with suppliers based in LCC (Asia, Romania or other low-cost country)
· Full command of technical tools like Rhino3D or Autodesk and other relevant design software
· Experience in plastic component design
· Relational and communication ability to maintain excellent relationships with all the different functional counterparts
· Product sensibility – extreme attention to details in order to differentiate products from competition
· Initiator, is proactive and gets things started, involving the right people, gaining support for ideas and projects, has excellent interpersonal skills and able to build positive working relationship.
· Sees projects through and gets things done with limited/no supervision, is reliable and disciplined.
· Knowledge and/or passion in content creation (Photo/video), and on consumer electronics market;
· Open to travel to Asia at least 2 times per year.
Bachelor’s degree in Design
• Experience in plastic component design
• Full command of Solidworks or equivalent design software. Experience in Keyshot and Adobe Creative Suite
• Background in consumer electronics products especially phone accessories is a strong plus.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in multinational companies, active in consumer products.
• International experience gained through his/her academic and/or professional career a plus accustom to work in a multicultural environment a plus.
• Experience with suppliers based in low cost country
• Flexibility to multi-task and prioritize. Ability to work with tight deadline