The Graphic Designer will be the source of visually creative representations for CSD’s products, services, and marketing messages. The Graphic Designer will create visual concepts to interpret communications through color, texture, images, and symbols. This position includes bringing materials to life and designing visually compelling graphics from vision and packaging to presentation and custom branding. The Graphic Designer will be a team player who can collaborate across divisions and a self-starter who can work independently on multiple project deadlines.
- Conceptualizes and implements design solutions that meet marketing strategies
- Works with various departments within CSD to design and develop materials according to their needs in a timely manner
- Develops artwork in a variety of mediums to support various company objectives
- Brainstorms, develops, and executes creative ideas for the design of print and digital documents, packaging, video, social media, collateral, and presentation materials.
- Supplies logos, icons, templates, and graphics in approved formats consistent with branding guidelines on request
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously to deliver graphics that are completed with high quality and on schedule.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering necessary information and materials and forming concepts by studying information and requirements
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares finished copy and art by working with clients and vendors for final output such as printing or placement
- Contacts vendors to gather, analyze and recommend competitive prices on best quality materials. May also follow up on specific orders placed.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside vendors, printers, and platforms
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong design, creative, and driven artistic skills; ability to develop visually attractive artwork and clear, precise materials from start to completion
- Ability to remain organized, detail-oriented, and hands-on in a geographically diverse team
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in graphic design
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, XD, InDesign, etc.) and familiar with a range of other design applications optimized for web and social media
- Knowledge of alternative ways to inform and entertain via written and visual media
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of new technology and incorporates fresh ideas into their work
- Experience in creating brand guidelines and logo design, ability to creatively execute and ideate based on strategic brand vision
- Works well individually as well as on a team
- Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field from an accredited college or university; or equivalent professional experience (PREFERRED)
- 3-5 years of hands-on professional design experience, preferably in Marketing
- Working knowledge of Canva (PREFERRED)
- Portfolio of successful design projects
- Ability to communicate effectively using American Sign Language
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
This position is moderately self-directed and requires understanding and compliance with company policies, procedures, and values. The position uses a computer and standard office equipment to work in a virtual office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to interact collaboratively with the team and stakeholders and communicate via phone, videophone, or text messaging. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds occasionally. The position may require to travel up to 5%.