NCCC Success Story
Engineering Studies - CIMT
Machinist Intern at Tobyhanna Army Depot
Where is your hometown?
What is your degree program?
CIMT - AOS
What is your graduation date from RIT/NTID?
May / 8 /2020
Where is your place of employment?
Tobyhanna Army Depot
What is your job title?
What are your work responsibilities?
- Industrial worker with the U.S. Army Communications Electronics Command
- Assisted in the upgrading and integration of Command, Control, Computer, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems for all branches of the Armed Forces
- Worked with milling machines to produce needed parts for Armored Personnel Carriers and Mobile Rocket Launchers
- Produced sheet metal for necessary repairs to armored vehicles
- Operated various cutting machines to produce needed parts based on blueprint specifications
How does your career relate to your degree from RIT/NTID?
My degree is in Computer Integrated Machining Technology, and I had an opportunity to work on CNC Machines and Manual Milling. I learned how to operate these machines properly, and in turn helped produce parts for the Army at Tobyhanna.
Do you have any advice for any current students attending RIT/NTID?
My advice would be simple—stay focused on your studies and don’t lose track of your goals!