RIT is aware that privacy is a priority for our students, faculty, staff and alumni and leadership is committed to assessing the critical privacy issues that impact the RIT community.
Please review the frequently asked questions for an overview of the policy.
RIT Privacy Committee Responsibilities
- Monitor changing issues of privacy in higher education.
- Review privacy issues related to Institute operations including:
- Regulatory compliance
- Individual privacy
- Management of Institute resources
- Meet at least annually, or more frequently as needed.
- Provide a report annually to the Administrative Council on the status of privacy issues at RIT.
Privacy Committee Members
- Evan Thompson – Interim Privacy Officer, Senior Associate Counsel
- Information Security - Aldwin Maloto
- Registrar - Joe Loffredo
- Human Resources - Brett Lagoe
- Student Affairs - Jessica Bowen
- Academic Affairs - Sue Provenzano
- NTID - Bernie Hurwitz
- Academic Senate - Elizabeth Lawley and Phillip White
- University News - Bob Finnerty
- Student Government - Bryan Gascon and Anika Aftab
- Alumni Relations - Megan Cheever
- Campus Safety - Rod Lezette
- ITS - Ben Wolke
- Enrollment Management - Ed Lincoln
- Staff Council - Gina Coyne and Shawn Thomas
- Development - Sharon Lonthair