Rochester is a medium-sized city with a highly educated population and home to many cultural and social attractions.
- Ranked one of the ten "smartest cities" in the United States.
- Metropolitan area of one million people located in the western part of New York State.
- 6 hours by car to New York City, 3 hours to Toronto, Canada, 1½ hours to Niagara Falls.
- World-renowned leader in imaging science, informatics, innovation, and technology.
- Internationally recognized center of arts, photography, and music.
- Cultural attractions such as the International Museum of Photography and Film, the National Museum of Play, the Rochester Museum and Science Center, Memorial Art Gallery, Strasenburgh Planetarium, the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra, and several performing theater groups.