Parents and Families of Prospective Students
Why RIT is a Good Fit for Your Family
- Career preparation is our first priority.
- We are a world leader in cooperative education and internships.
- Students can earn a bachelor's and master's degree in as little as 5 years.
- We help families cut the cost of a private education.
- We are committed to supporting students.
- Students thrive here.
Students can choose from three application paths
Apply to a degree program
Students apply directly to their desired major and start relevant course work right away.
Apply to a college exploration program
Students can explore the majors in their area of interest and declare a major later.
Apply to individualized study
Students can design an academic program around a group of interests that don’t fit neatly into a major and graduate with a degree as unique as them.
We have a holistic decision process
Admission to RIT is competitive, but our admissions process is personalized. We look at each application individually to assess academic strength, standardized test scores (if your student chooses to submit them), recommendations, portfolio quality (where applicable), as well as extracurricular activities and personal career interests.