The Machine Shop is filled with tools to support class projects. In their first semester,
students taking Manufacturing Processes (MFET-120) learn to safely operate each machine tool
and its application in component manufacturing, the importance of tolerance and design for
manufacturing, as well as systems of measurement. Students revisit this lab to create components for senior and other class projects. The Machine Shop also supports the needs of the many RIT club teams. Along with multiple miscellaneous machine tool support equipment, this lab has the following core equipment:
• Manual Bridgeport Vertical Mills with digital readout on each.
• Bridgeport Vertical Mill with 2 axis Prototrak controller installed.
• Manual Sharp Engine Lathes
• Hardinge GS-51 CNC Lathe
• Bridgeport GX-480 CNC Vertical Mill
• DoAll Vertical Bandsaw
• Kasto Horizontal power feed Bandsaw
• Miller TIG Welder