INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING (Job Posting #2021-91)
TITLE: Residential Counsellor
POSITION STATUS: Part-Time (Weekend) – Permanent (Union)
SCHEDULE: Sat and Sun: 7:00 am to 3:00 pm (flexibility required as needed)
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
The Bob Rumball Canadian Centre of Excellence for the Deaf (BRCCED) is a provincial leader in the Deaf community. Our mission is to provide care and opportunities in a communication-rich environment that enhances the quality of life of those we serve. We are a highly motivated collaborative team on a mission to improve the quality of life for those we serve. We take a person centred approach to serve the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community that aims to support and make a positive difference.
Our perks include but is not limited to extended health coverage, exposure to Deaf culture, ASL classes, comprehensive training library, internal progression, and an opportunity to give back to the community.
Our Programs support Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deafblind adults some of whom have complex behavioural, developmental and/or mental health diagnoses. This position is responsible for the daily activities of the Anne Penney Program (APP) program and will work with the Program Manager and the Milton team to ensure the highest quality of care and services for everyone we serve.
• Ensure that activities and daily support approaches are in accordance with agency mission, vision, values, strategic direction and policies with a goal of ensuring the highest quality of care
• Ensure person-centered quality service, and achievement of program and individual service goals
• Administer medications consistent with the Organization’s policies & procedures
• Consistently comply with clinical and program plans including daily activity schedule
• Implement ISP/PDP goals; track & report on progress
• Promote an evidence-based, best practice approach to care
• Advocate on behalf of individuals and their specific needs/goals
• Understand and be able to work with Behavioural Support Plans, PRN’s and medical protocols
• Work collaboratively with team and individual’s service team; dedicating one-self to excellent service
• Utilize community resources & liaise with community members
• Documentation – communication logs, reports, etc.
• Teach, coach, mentor – life skills, daily activity schedules and community involvement
• Plan and execute activities with clients
• Diploma in Human Services related field or one (1) year of experience working in a residential setting with Consumers with developmental disabilities, mental health needs and/or dual diagnosis
• Demonstrated knowledge of Ontario Review Board orders
• Knowledge and experience working within the deaf community and fluency in ASL OR strong commitment to engage in professional development to build skill and knowledge in ASL, Deaf culture and supporting Deaf or hard of hearing individuals and their community
• Successful experience liaising with clinical professionals
• Demonstrated leadership, creative problem solving abilities; good judgement and critical thinker
• Excellent communication, literacy and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge and experience with report writing and data entry
• Experience managing the nutritional needs of clients
• Current Quality Assurance Measures, Safe Management, Medication Administration, and WHMIS certification and be able to actively participate in all training
• Innovation, initiative and integrity
• Demonstrated experience in computer literacy (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Valid Ontario Full G Driver’s License and clean driving record
• French language/LSQ an asset
Please contact the above if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process.
PLEASE QUOTE JOB POSTING NUMBER YOU ARE APPLYING FOR
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting Date: July 26, 201 Closing Date: August 9, 2021 Start Date: Immediate