Incoming class: Passionate, creative, innovative, global
Published Aug. 16, 2018
Bienvenido æ??è? Ahlan wa Sahlan à??à??à??à?¾à?—à?? Salve
RIT will exceed 19,000 students for the first time in its history this fall. That’s a lot of Tigers. This is also the most academically qualified freshman class (and one of the largest) in our history, with SAT scores expected to exceed 1300.
Other highlights from the incoming class include:
- New undergraduate students hail from 46 states, plus Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Island, and represent 43 countries. The greatest international representation in order are: China, India, and Canada.
- New graduate students arrive from 51 nations. Top 5: India, China, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Canada.
- 56 new Tigers have perfect SAT math score; 6 have perfect ACT score.
- 53 new Tigers were No. 1 their high school graduating class (for high schools reporting rank)
- The incoming class includes 12 Fulbright Scholars and 67 new Ph.D. students working on doctoral degrees.
- Patriotic Tigers — 11 Tigers born on the Fourth of July.
That’s an impressive group of Tigers!
So, let’s get started with a new academic year. And for all our new students, it begins with a week of orientation. For more information, make sure you check out the official orientation site.
Important orientation events and dates include:
- International student move-in and orientation: Aug. 18-20
- New student move-in: Tuesday, Aug. 21
- Tiger Walk to welcome new students to RIT: 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, Aug. 22, outside the Gordon Field House.
- Fall Convocation for New Students: 11 a.m., Wednesday, Aug. 22, Gordon Field House.
- President’s address to the community: 9 a.m., Friday, Aug. 24, Ingle Auditorium
- First day of class: Monday, Aug. 27