First annual Recommence event celebrates exceptional Saunders faculty and staff
The first annual Recommence event was held October 17 to honor exemplary Saunders faculty and staff, as well as reconnect Saunders alumni in a celebration of college success.
Recommence continued the traditions of the Saunders College of Business Alumni Bash and International Hospitality and Service Innovation annual awards program. The reinstatement of the Hospitality and Service Leadership programs to Saunders was recognized, along with several distinguished members of the Saunders community.
- The Paul Kazmierski Award, named for the former Saunders human resource development professor, was awarded to Kimo Kippen. Kippen, founder of Aloha Learning Advisors, LLC received his MS in Career and Human Resource Development from Saunders in ‘93. The award recognized Kippen’s innovation and passion for professional and continuing education.
- Ivo Arkulin, ’02 MS Hospitality and Tourism, received the Richard Marecki Award, named for the former staff member and awarded in honor of exceptionalism in the hospitality field.
- The Women Leaders in Hospitality Award went to Carin DeMilo, ’93 BS Food Management. DeMilo is an expert operational planner for many companies, including McDonald’s, Coca Cola, and Budweiser.
- Scott Ingwers ’88 BS Hotel and Resort Management, Regional Vice President at Trump Hotels, received the Sarah M. Gillam Memorial Award. Gillam was a 1916 RIT graduate, the award named for her is the oldest and most prestigious given by IHSI in recognition of career achievement and contributions to the industry.
- The Volunteer Award was given to Peter Parts, ’98 EMBA in recognition of his steadfast support of Saunders College.
- The Faculty Award went to Dr. Shal Khazanchi, Saunders Management Department Chair and professor. The faculty award is given to recognize outstanding and impactful staff.
- Frank Sklarsky, ’78 BS Accounting, received the Phil Saunders Philanthropy Award in honor of his impactful charity in support of Saunders. Frank and Ruth Sklarsky donated the Sklarsky Center for Business Analytics, a top of the line Bloomberg Financial Market lab.
Congratulations to the award winners, Saunders is proud to honor the philanthropy and entrepreneurship of their alumni.
To view a PHOTO ALBUM of the event, please click here.