RIT honors Outstanding Undergraduate Scholars
39th year for this celebration of students with high academic and community achievements
A. Sue Weisler
Rochester Institute of Technology honored 104 students whose academic and personal achievements have made them this year’s Outstanding Undergraduate Scholars.
The awards, a bronze medallion, were given in ceremonies on Thursday evening to those students who have met the scholarship criteria—a minimum grade-point average of 3.85 out of 4.0; completion of more than two-thirds of the credit hours required for a bachelor’s degree; and demonstrated community engagement, such as creative work, serve on student committees, civic activities, employment or independent research.
“RIT is pleased to pay tribute to these undergraduates whose demonstrated devotion to excellence is an inspiration to the university community,” said Jeremy Haefner, RIT provost and senior vice president of Academic Affairs, who presented the scholars to President Bill Destler and RIT deans at the ceremony in Gordon Field House.
The 2014-15 Outstanding Undergraduate Scholars are:
From the College of Applied Sciences and Technology:
- George Dederich, of Syracuse, N.Y.
- Erin Downs, of Kennedy Township, Pa.
- Cody Farr, of Holland Patent, N.Y.
- Nicholas Flumerfeldt, of Corfu, N.Y.
- Timothy Halsch, of West Hills, Calif.
- Shaun Henry, of Willow Grove, Pa.
- Michael Hund, of East Stroudsberg, Pa.
- Jason Jenkins, of Catskill, N.Y.
- Elizabeth Knight, of Baldwinsville, N.Y.
- James Lee, of Jackson, N.J.
- Nicole Seymour, of Madera, Calif.
- Gabrielle Villar, of Boston, N.Y.
- Kayla Weiss, of Middlebury, Vt.
From Saunders College of Business:
- Alexandra Binnington, of Oakville, Ontario, Canada
- Mihaela Cališ, of Djakovo, Croatia
- Tomislav Cvetko, of Zagreb, Croatia
- Kathryn Davis, of Palmer, Mass.
- Michael Hayes, of Hamburg, N.Y.
- Naixin (Chris) Kang, of Shenzhen, China
- Xiaoyi Lei, of China
- Miguel Lopez, of Puerto Rico
- Goran Pekica, of Zagreb, Croatia
- Shayla Sanders, of Rochester, N.Y.
- Lori Sze, of Clifton Park, N.Y.
From the B. Thomas Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences:
- Andrew DiStasi, of Grove City, Pa.
- Bryan Harmat, of Worcester, Mass.
- Melody Kelly, of Tamaqua, Pa.
- Brett Morris, of Farmington, Conn.
- Kyle Murbach, of Wheaton, Ill.
- Kenneth Reuter, of Spencer, N.Y.
- Wesley Rockholz, of Brookfield, Conn.
- Michael Salsone, of Rockville Centre, N.Y.
- Darren Urmey, of Gibbstown, N.J.
- Christopher Wong, of Clifton Park, N.Y.
From Kate Gleason College of Engineering:
- Jackson Anderson, of Churchville, N.Y.
- Craig Bishop, of Tribes Hill, N.Y.
- Anqi (Angel) Chen, of Xi’an, Shaanxi, China
- Amanda Cook, of Royal Palm Beach, Fla.
- Paul Curtin, of Londonderry, N.H.
- Caitlin Donovan, Whitesboro, N.Y.
- Nicholas Fewell, of Reynoldsburg, Ohio
- Seth Gottlieb, of Bethesda, Md.
- Andrew Greeley, of Gerry, N.Y.
- Brenden Hoff, of Plymouth, Minn.
- Gebalanage (Shehan) Jayasekera, of Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Lindsay Johnson, of Oswego, N.Y.
- Kathryn King, of Orchard Park, N.Y.
- Carolyn Krasniak, of Owego, N.Y.
- Jonathan Lunt, of Hanover, N.H.
- Alicia Piscitelli, of Lansdale, Pa.
- Mallory Rauch, of Palermo, Maine
- Christopher Schwab, of Holliston, Mass.
- Morgan Stoessel, of Rochester, N.Y.
- James Thesing, of Moorhead, Minn.
- Jeremy Van Horn, of Richmond, Vt.
- Amy Zeller, of Marion, N.Y.
From the College of Health Sciences and Technology
- Trinity Barnosky, of Rochester, N.Y.
- Kyle Burke, of Chelmsford, Mass.
- Talia McKay, of Windham, Maine
- Patrick McMullan, of Easton, Pa.
- Natalie Snyder, of Rockville, Md.
From the College of Imaging Arts and Sciences
- Sylvie Alusitz, of Yorktown, N.Y.
- Emily Barresi, of Greenwich, Conn.
- Brittany Bateman, of Virginia Beach, Va.
- Avanell Brock, of North Kingstown, R.I.
- Samantha Chalut, of Fenton, Mich.
- Olivia Cookfair, of Brookfield, Conn.
- Philip Czapla, of East Aurora, N.Y.
- Emily DeVault, of Fairmont, W.Va.
- Sarah Ann Jump, of Easton, Md.
- Alexa Martinez, of Wall, N.J.
- Jamie Martinez, of Wall, N.J.
- Britta Moberg, of Greenfield Center, N.Y.
- Liah Perez Mercado, of Dominican Republic
- Elizabeth Pieri, of Syracuse, N.Y.
- Jessica Schnall, of Webster, N.Y.
- Danielle Smith, of Burke, Va.
- Matthew Tidridge, of Milford, Pa.
- Hayden Wagner, of Lodi, N.Y.
From the College of Liberal Arts
- Lucas Dorsey, of Cazenovia, N.Y.
- Brandon Dziedzic, of Buffalo, N.Y.
- Alyssa Jackson, of Naples, N.Y.
- Tianna Mañón, of Rochester, N.Y.
- Courtney Ullger, of Lake Grove, N.Y.
From the Center for Multidisciplinary Studies
- Linda Cunningham, of Rush, N.Y.
- Blendrit Elezaj, of Pristina, Kosovo
- Margarita Gjocaj, of Istog, Kosovo
- Edison Jakurti, of Pristina, Kosovo
- Nathan Scott, of Colonie, N.Y.
- Morgan Scoyne, of Drombo, Ontario, Canada
- Linda Shuku, of Pristina, Kosovo
- Kushtrim Spahiu, of Pristina, Kosovo
- Dina Vllasaliu, of Pristina, Kosovo
From the National Technical Institute for the Deaf
- Rachel Green, of Springfield, Mass.
- Catherine Lambe, of Marcy N.Y.
From the College of Science
- Jordan Armeli, of Falconer, N.Y.
- Taylor Barrett, of Middletown, Pa.
- Elizabeth Bondi, of Dansville, N.Y.
- Will Consagra, of Brockport, N.Y.
- Tyler Godat, of Greensboro, N.C.
- Tamalika Mukherjee, of Kolkata, India
- Emily Newman, of Fredericktown, Ohio
- Juliana Shaw, of Hilton, N.Y.
- Alexander Triassi, of Henrietta, NY.