North York. M2L 1A2
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING (# 2021-93)
TITLE: Dietary Services Aide
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time – Permanent (Non- Union)
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday: 7:00am to 3:00pm (flexibility required as needed)
REPORTS TO: Supervisor – Dietary Services
The Bob Rumball Canadian Centre of Excellence for the Deaf (BRCCED) is a provincial leader in the Deaf community. Our mission is to provide care and opportunities in a communication-rich environment that enhances the quality of life of those we serve. We are a highly motivated, collaborative team on a mission to improve the quality of life for those we serve. We take a person centered approach that aims to support and make a positive difference in the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community. Our perks include but not limited to robust benefits program (for eligible employees), access to sign language classes, employee rewards & recognition program, comprehensive training and development, internal progression, and an opportunity to give back to the community.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Dietary Services, the Cook/Dietary Aide is responsible and accountable for preparing meals for “Rumball” Seniors, as well as for the broader Deaf community on Tuesdays, when the kitchen is open to the public.
• Cook and prep meals for 35 or more senior clients and staff
• Works with Personal Support Workers
• Works with all other Assisted Living Staff, Dietary, Environmental Services and Administration
• Maintain Health and Safety best practices at all times
• Prepare food list (list of ingredients necessary for meal prep)
• Put away groceries and wash dishes
• Keep kitchen area clean and tidy and take out garbage
• Maintain consumer confidentiality
• Create and maintain positive environment in the kitchen and in the Dining Room for the Seniors and fellow staff
• Be willing to communicate with the Seniors about the menu and encourage their feedback
• Utilize the Seniors’ feedback about their food preferences
• Other duties as required
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 1 year related experience
• Possess and maintain Food Handler’s Certificate
• Fluent in American Sign Language (ASL) or willing to learn
• Experience working with seniors
• Experience working with the Deaf community is an asset
• Committed to continuing education
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
• French language/LSQ an asset
Please contact the above if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process.
PLEASE QUOTE JOB POSTING NUMBER YOU ARE APPLYING FOR
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting Date: July 27, 2021 Closing Date: August 11, 2021 Start Date: Immediately