Neil is the Executive Director of the Innovative Learning Institute (ILI) at RIT, where he heads RIT Online and the Teaching and Learning Services (TLS) divisions.
Prior to his role in academic leadership, Hair was an associate professor of marketing in the Saunders College of Business at RIT and area leader for marketing. He holds a number of institute awards for excellence in teaching, including the Eisenhart Award for Outstanding Teaching, Online Learning’s Exemplary Faculty Teaching Award, Richard and Virginia Provost’s Award for Excellence in Teaching, RIT Executive MBA Faculty Recognition Award, and the Saunders College of Business Alumni Outstanding Teaching Award.
Professionally he holds board positions on a number of for- and not-for-profit organizations; is a renowned expert in the field of social media marketing, relationship marketing, online customer experience, personal branding and virtual ethnographic practices; and is published in the Journal of Retailing and the International Journal of Management Reviews.
- Chartered Marketer, Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Fellow, Higher Education Academy
- PhD, Marketing, Cranfield University
- DIPM, Marketing, Chartered Institute of Marketing
- MSc, International Marketing, Sheffield Hallam University
- BSc, Business Administration, Cardiff University