Use Case and Benefits
Instructors can use Turnitin to:
- Verify the originality of student’s submissions
- Provide annotation feedback on submissions
- Provide guidance on citations and references
Students can use Turnitin Draft Coach, a Google add-on, to:
- Preview their originality score
- Correct their grammar
- Improve their citations
Accessing the Technology
Browser-based tool. The mode to access Turnitin depends on the use case:
- For course work, instructors can activate Turnitin options in myCourses Assignments. Students submit to the Assignment submission area as usual. Instructor and student how-to information is available on RIT's wiki for myCourses.
- All RIT users with an RIT Google account can also use Turnitin Draft Coach to check their drafts at any time in Google Docs.
- Instructors can use the Turnitin website to check originality on RIT-related documents that are not tied to a specific course such as theses, dissertations, or papers for publication. This requires a separate account. Review Turnitin Originality Check for RIT Non-Course Work for details.
Learn More & Get Help
Student Academic Integrity Policy
Request a consultation
For technical issues and other support, contact Technology Systems Support