Salisbury , Connecticut. 06079
SCOPE OF DUTIES
Under the supervision of the Director of Student Life, plans, organizes, implements, and evaluates a summer residential camp at Camp Isola Bella.
• Oversees the total operation of the Isola Bella Summer Program at all times, except when such responsibility shall be given to the Assistant Director.
• Interviews and hires staff and schedules appropriate training and support for staff.
• Establishes schedules, including but not limited to pay scales, hours and days of operation, duty schedules, personnel duties, policy and staff responsibilities.
• Ensures that the Island is in full compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
• Serves as Safety Officer and is responsible for the safe operation of the program.
• Approves appropriate camp activities, trips, and events.
• In cooperation with ASD’s Business Office, is responsible for the receiving and disbursement of funds, including but not limited to tuitions, registrations, spending monies, activity fees, insurance premiums T-shirt monies and any and all related expenditures (e.g. salaries and payments to creditors).
• Acts as the purchasing agent for materials needed for the continuing operation of the program.
• Develops and works with public relations staff and others to market and educate the community about Isola Bella.
• Provides effective leadership to campers and staff.
• Oversees all instructional settings and develops /approves outlines for programs, oversees camp’s Newsletter and prepares end of camp report.
• Is responsible for the physical security of the campers
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be over age twenty-one and will be required to submit both DCF and DPS background checks, must possess a Bachelor’s Degree and have a minimum 3 years of experience with deaf and hard of hearing children/youth. Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in ASL and have prior experience as a camp director or experience within administrative or supervisory capacity within a camp environment. Applicants must demonstrate good judgment and excellent leadership skills. The Camp IB Director will be responsible to uphold and maintain the standards required under the Youth Camping Act.
CPR for the Professional Rescuer, Standard First Aid and Lifeguard Training Certificate strongly encouraged.