Guided Online Learning Development (GOLD) Program
The Guided Online Learning Development (GOLD) program--a series of five interactive workshops--was started by the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) in 2015 to foster effective online teaching practices at RIT. It is specifically intended for all instructors of record developing their first online course or re-designing a previously offered online course.
Participants in GOLD will have opportunities to:
- Engage in reflective practices about online teaching and learning with colleagues across colleges, disciplines, units, and ranks
- Compare in-person to asynchronous/synchronous/hybrid online learning environments
- Explore techniques, technologies, and course activities/assessments that encourage active and inclusive learning
- Develop one modular unit (typically one week) of a new or re-designed online course
- Meet individually with CTL consultants by appointment during and/or after the program
Upcoming GOLD Sessions
Check back in Summer 2023 for information about the Fall 2023 GOLD program.
If you have any questions, please email Michael Starenko, Senior Teaching and Learning Consultant, CTL.