Daily Health Screen
Faculty and staff can access the Daily Health Screen online at dailyhealth.rit.edu or by calling 585-438-5257. When an employee does not complete the Daily Health Screen, their supervisor is notified. Employees should notify their supervisor in advance if they will not be able to complete the Daily Health Screen.
Faculty and staff providing an attestation confirming that they will not be physically present on campus during the summer (May 17 through August 15, 2021) are not required to complete the Daily Health Screen for those days that they will not be on campus.
Employees do not need to complete the Daily Health Screen and will be automatically marked as Excused on the Daily Health Audit under the following circumstances:
- On Short Term Disability (STD)
- On Personal or Professional/Career Development Leave
- On Military Leave
- Employees with an approved attestation they work 100% outside NYS
- Adjuncts with an approved attestation they work 100% remotely
- Student employees, student co-ops, and graduate research assistants who have completed the student remote attestation
Employees do not need to complete the Daily Health Screen and will be marked Excused by their supervisor on the Daily Health Audit for the following:
- When an employee is out ill for multiple days for the same illness, they need only complete the Daily Health Screen for the first day.
- When an employee has been instructed to quarantine by Rochester Regional Health Occupational Medicine, their Primary Care Physician or the Department of Health for their county
- When an employee is unable to complete the screen due to inaccessibility of cell phone service or internet (prior notification to supervisor should have been provided)
- When the supervisor is aware that an employee is too ill to complete the Daily Health Screen
- When employees who regularly work fewer than 9 months per year are outside of their appointment period. (e.g. research faculty working only in January and February would be marked excused in the months they aren’t working)
If you answer YES to the Daily Health Screen, employees are instructed to contact Rochester Regional Health’s Occupational Medicine COVID-19 Hotline at (585) 450-8199 to discuss their health screen information with a health care professional. RRH OccMed will determine a course of action, which may include:
- Clear to return to work
- Monitor symptoms
- Obtain a COVID-19 test
- Contact their primary care physician
RRH OccMed will confirm the course of action and return-to-work status via email with the employee and the supervisor.