New York State Guidelines
For any traveler to New York state from out of state, exempting the contiguous states, there are new guidelines for travelers to test-out of the mandatory 14-day quarantine:
For travelers who were in another state for more than 24 hours:
- Travelers must obtain a test within three days of departure from that state.
- The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days.
- On day four of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests comes back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.
For travelers who were in another state for less than 24 hours:
- The traveler does not need a test prior to their departure from the other state, and does not need to quarantine upon arrival in New York state.
- However, the traveler must fill out our traveler form upon entry into New York state and take a COVID diagnostic test four days after their arrival in New York.