Today's businesses collect an incredible amount of data from nearly every customer touch point, from point-of-sale transactions, customer service interactions, social media feedback, search engine entries, market research activities, sales data, demographic information, and more. But most organizations aren't prepared to turn this data into information they can use to increase sales, reach new customers, develop new products, or enhance the customer experience. The MS degree in business analytics prepares business professionals to apply existing analytics technologies to interpret and make sense of the immense amount of data companies continue to collect.
The program is career-focused and developed in conjunction with top employers, such as Intuit, Excellus, and PriceWaterhouse, to design a curriculum that helps students understand and connect contemporary analytics technologies with today's business practices. Students will be prepared for positions in such areas as marketing research, analytics, and consulting; digital analytics; web intelligence and analytics; accounting and financial analytics and risk management; supply chain analytics; customer analytics; and consulting.
Business analytics, MS degree, typical course sequence
|Course||Sem. Cr. Hrs.|
|MGIS-650||Introduction to Statistical Analysis and Data Analytics||3|
|BANA-680||Data Management for Business Analytics||3|
|BANA-780||Advanced Business Analytics||3|
|BANA-785||Business Analytics Experience (Capstone)*||3|
|Total Semester Credit Hours||30|
* The Business Analytics Experience (BANA-785), one analytics elective, and one free elective are completed during the summer.
To be considered for admission to the MS program in business analytics, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Complete a graduate application.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent) from an accredited university or college.
- Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work.
- Submit a personal statement of educational objectives.
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Submit scores from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) (GMAT preferred),
- International applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE. A minimum TOEFL score of 92 (internet-based) is required. A minimum IELTS score of 7.0 is required. The English language test score requirement is waived for native speakers of English or for those submitting transcripts from degrees earned at American institutions.
For further information about tips on personal statements and additional guidance on how to submit a successful application, please visit Saunders College of Business Admissions Requirements.