Wear a Mask
Any time members of the RIT community are in the presence of others or moving through space occupied by others, they must wear acceptable face masks that covers your nose and mouth regardless of the distance between themselves and others.
Learn more about acceptable face masks
Why wear a mask? With an incubation period of up to 14 days, you can spread COVID-19 without knowing you’re sick.
Wear your mask correctly:
- Wash your hands before putting on your mask
- Put it over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin
- Try to fit it snugly against the sides of your face
- Make sure you can breathe easily
- Don’t put the mask around your neck or on your forehead
Take off your mask carefully:
- Handle only by the ear loops or ties
- Fold outside corners together
- Hand wash or place in the washing machine
- Wash hands immediately after removing