Diversity and Inclusion
Throughout your life, you’ll interact with people from different cultures and from every continent. Your success will depend on your experience with and understanding of cross-cultural issues, here and abroad.
At RIT you’ll live and study with more than 2,600 international students from 100 countries. In addition, more than 3,000 students of color have elected to study at RIT, embodying our commitment to diversity. Adding a social and educational dynamic not found at any other university are more than 1,200 deaf and hard-of-hearing students supported by RIT’s National Technical Institute for the Deaf.
The variety of backgrounds and perspectives represented in the RIT community enriches the learning experience for all. As you interact on team-based projects, in residences halls, and in day-to-day activities, we believe you will be enriched and better prepared for the opportunities and challenges of global interdependence.
Diversity Resources and Links
- Office of Diversity & Inclusion
- Campus Life
- Center for Religious Life
- Diversity at RIT
- Environmental Science Program - Native American Science and Technology Program
- Environmental Science Program – Study Abroad
- Future Faculty Career Exploration Program
- Future Stewards Program
- Global Union
- Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP)
- International Student Services
- McNair Scholars Program
- Multicultural Center for Academic Success (MCAS)
- Q Center (formerly GLBT Center)
- Study Abroad
- The Center for Women and Gender