Gain a new perspective on automotive electronics in Germany - a world leader in automotive innovation and manufacturing.
- Visit German auto manufacturing facilities and compare similarities and differences to the U.S.
- Take classes in Germany in English with students at Hochschule Mittweida, collaborating on a team project and participating in activities.
- Immerse yourself in German culture for three weeks with 3-day weekends free for personal travel and exploration.
Leverage your international experience to land an automotive specific co-op or job after graduation.
In Germany, you’ll study at Hochschule Mittweida and stay in the village of Mittweida, a small, walkable town with winding streets and picturesque views.
TERM: Spring course with early summer travel
TRAVEL DATES: May 11-26, 2021
- ENGT-518: Global Engineering Experience: Automotive Electronics
You’ll be enrolled in a spring 2021 course in Rochester and will travel to Germany in early summer to complete your coursework.
No pre-requisites. Open to all undergraduate majors, 2nd year status or higher preferred.
Application deadline: November 1, 2020
Student budget worksheet outlining the costs of the spring/summer 2021 program. Take a copy of this budget to a meeting with your RIT financial aid assistant director PRIOR to the application deadline to learn how your aid may apply towards program costs. Study abroad scholarships may be available for this program (must meet eligibility requirements).
1) View this short video to understand all application steps - Faculty-Led Programs: Student Application Steps
2) Use the Faculty-Led Study Abroad Program Checklist to make sure you are completing all application steps
3) Start an application in the study abroad Compass
Please Note: Study abroad programs and all international travel by students for the 2020-2021 academic year are suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, applications for spring and summer 2021 travel programs will remain open as we monitor the situation. More about how COVID-19 could affect faculty-led study abroad programs.
RIT students only