Your RIT and federal financial aid is likely to apply to this program as long as you maintain full time student status (12 credit hours) while studying abroad at RIT Dubai. If you are maintaing half time status while abroad (6 credit hours), you may be eligible to use your federal financial aid.
Once you receive a budget worksheet for studying abroad at RIT Dubai, you must make an appointment with your financial aid advisor to go over the costs and how your financial aid will be applied.
Scholarship deadlines tend to be early so apply for scholarships early in your study abroad application process!
Scholarship funding for study abroad may be available through these departments/colleges at RIT:
- RIT Education Abroad Travel Grants - you will have the option to opt in for possible scholarship funding when you complete the study abroad application on the Compass.
- Honors Program - Kerrie Bondi, firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Liberal Arts - contact LaVerne McQuiller Williams, email@example.com
- Saunders College of Business - contact Clarissa Baston, firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Engineering Technology - contact Nykki Matthews, email@example.com
National Study Abroad Scholarships:
- Gilman Scholarship (you have to be receiving a Pell Grant to be eligible for this scholarship)
- Fund for Education Abroad
More study abroad scholarship opportunities can be found by using the search tool at fellowships.rit.edu.
The RIT Education Abroad office has a study abroad scholarship advisor who can help you write competitive scholarship application essays. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to meet with a scholarship advisor.