RIT Kosovo, Dean of Faculty
RIT Kosovo (A.U.K)
Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) seeks a versatile, experienced leader to oversee the development and implementation of a robust academic and co-curricular student experience at the RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) campus located in Pristina, Kosovo. Founded in 2003, RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) offers an American degree with innovation, adaptability and creative pathways that prepare students with professional and life skills for a global world. The RIT degree program offered at RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) allows students the opportunity to create undergraduate programs from two or more professional areas of study with a strong foundation in the social sciences. The position is based in Pristina, Kosovo. The university serves approximately 500 FTE students in Prishtina, Kosovo’s capital city. RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) is a not-for-profit, higher education institute. It employs 30 full- and part-time faculty. For more information, including degree offerings, please visit the RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) website: www.kosovo.rit.edu.
As the chief academic affairs officer, the RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) Dean of Faculty will play an integral role in the development and implementation of RIT undergraduate and graduate degree programs at RIT Kosovo (A.U.K). This position will also be responsible for the development and implementation of a robust academic and co-curricular student experience.
- Work in conjunction with the Associate Provost of International Education and Global Programs and the President of RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) to manage all aspects of the delivery of RIT’s academic programs and student academic life at the RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) campus;
- Create a plan of work each academic year in collaboration with the Associate Provost of International Education and Global Programs outlining specific teaching, research and administrative goals and expectations;
- Responsible for the academic program planning of RIT Kosovo (A.U.K), including proposing academic calendars, oversight of the course scheduling and faculty workload planning for undergraduate and graduate courses;
- Serve as a supervisor to the Manager for RIT Academic Affairs and faculty members;
- Manage the approvals, plan of work and evaluation of faculty teaching at RIT Kosovo (A.U.K);
- Work in conjunction with the main RIT campus to support course and curriculum development appropriate to the needs of RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) and its students;
- Identify faculty staffing needs and coordinate with RIT Kosovo Human Resources and the Associate Provost of International Education and Global Programs to manage the recruitment and hiring of all necessary faculty;
- Develop and recommend curricular policies and initiatives needed at RIT Kosovo (A.U.K);
- Liaison to academic advisory boards;
- Develop and manage assessment of curricular learning including the creation of an annual assessment report of the Degree Programs;
- Identify possible grants and other sources of funding or other research and outreach opportunities for the program;
- Creation of a local budget for faculty salaries and necessary resources related to the RIT degree programs at RIT Kosovo (A.U.K);
- Provide oversight for all faculty teaching RIT courses in Kosovo and encourage full utilization of faculty resources, including: assignments at other campuses delivering RIT programs, initiation of research projects, corporate outreach/training, on-campus seminars, recruiting activities, etc.;
- Participate in RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) and community events;
- Support the President of RIT Kosovo (A.U.K);
- Complete other general duties assigned by the Associate Provost of International Education and Global Programs at RIT.
An experienced leader with a clear, focused commitment to teaching, learning and academic excellence to promote student success. This candidate is a creative, visionary leader who will inspire staff, students and the community. The candidate is an innovative thinker and problem solver with outstanding interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. The candidate is highly ethical, trustworthy, credible, and is respectful of diverse views and opinions. The candidate is flexible, interculturally competent, and is a person whose leadership style is collegial, and approachable. The candidate is able to delegate responsibility and authority while maintaining accountability. This professional fosters cohesion and a sense of working together for the good of the University.
Master’s degree within one’s field of study; completion of at least one level of higher education in North America or at least five years of work experience within a U.S. accredited institution; knowledge of curricular design, pedagogy, experiential education, and academic program assessment; experience living and working outside North America; at least two years of relevant experience at the college or university level; ability to manage and supervise others; ability and willingness to work effectively with a variety of constituencies, including faculty, staff, students, employers, and the general public; ability to work effectively as part of a team; high energy and enthusiasm; strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to manage details and multiple tasks and initiate new tasks; excellent written and oral communication skills; confidence in working with government and private sector organizations.
An earned doctorate from an accredited institution; administrative experience within a US accredited academic setting working with faculty and students; teaching experience within a US accredited institution with a demonstrated student-centered philosophy of education; an understanding of the Rochester Institute of Technology mission and programs.
This position requires relocation to Kosovo.
The RIT Dean of Faculty position reports directly to the Associate Provost of International Education and Global Programs at RIT. The position has additional reporting responsibilities and consultation with the President of RIT Kosovo.
Commensurate with experience and will be highly competitive within the Kosovo/Balkan Region.
This position requires relocation to Kosovo.
Expected Start Date:
July 1, 2018
Qualified external applicants should send a CV and cover letter, as attachments, to Global@rit.edu. Please indicate “RIT Kosovo Dean of Faculty” in the subject area of the email.
Qualified internal applicants should send a CV and cover letter, as attachments, to Lyndsey McGrath at Lyndsey.McGrath@rit.edu.
RIT does not discriminate. RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visit RIT/TitleIX or the U.S. Department of Education at ED.Gov.