RIT Kosovo Vice President of Academic Affairs
RIT Kosovo (A.U.K)
The RIT Kosovo Vice President of Academic Affairs will play an integral role in the development and implementation of RIT undergraduate and graduate degree programs at RIT Kosovo (A.U.K). This position will also be responsible for the development and implementation of a robust academic and co-curricular student experience.
- Work in conjunction with the Associate Provost of International Education and Global Programs and the President of RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) to manage all aspects of the delivery of RIT’s academic programs and student academic life at the RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) campus;
- Create a plan of work each academic year in collaboration with the Associate Provost of International Education and Global Programs outlining specific teaching, research and administrative goals and expectations;
- Responsible for the academic program planning of RIT Kosovo (A.U.K), including proposing academic calendars, oversight of the course scheduling and faculty workload planning for undergraduate and graduate courses;
- Serve as a supervisor to the Manager for RIT Academic Affairs and faculty members;
- Manage the approvals, plan of work and evaluation of faculty teaching at RIT Kosovo (A.U.K);
- Work in conjunction with the main RIT campus to support course and curriculum development appropriate to the needs of RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) and its students;
- Identify faculty staffing needs and coordinate with RIT Kosovo Human Resources and the Associate Provost of International Education and Global Programs to manage the recruitment and hiring of all necessary faculty;
- Develop and recommend curricular policies and initiatives needed at RIT Kosovo (A.U.K);
- Liaison to academic advisory boards;
- Develop and manage assessment of curricular learning including the creation of an annual assessment report of the Degree Programs;
- Identify possible grants and other sources of funding or other research and outreach opportunities for the program;
- Creation of a local budget for faculty salaries and necessary resources related to the RIT degree programs at RIT Kosovo (A.U.K);
- Provide oversight for all faculty teaching RIT courses in Kosovo and encourage full utilization of faculty resources, including: assignments at other campuses delivering RIT programs, initiation of research projects, corporate outreach/training, on-campus seminars, recruiting activities, etc.;
- Participate in RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) and community events;
- Support the President of RIT Kosovo (A.U.K);
- Complete other general duties assigned by the Associate Provost of International Education and Global Programs at RIT.
Terminal degree within one’s field of study; completion of at least one level of higher education in North America; knowledge of curricular design, pedagogy, experiential education, and academic program assessment; experience living and working outside North America; at least two years of relevant experience at the college or university level; ability to manage and supervise others; ability and willingness to work effectively with a variety of constituencies, including faculty, staff, students, employers, and the general public; ability to work effectively as part of a team; high energy and enthusiasm; strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to manage details and multiple tasks and initiate new tasks; excellent written and oral communication skills; confidence in working with government and private sector organizations.
Doctorate; administrative experience in an academic setting working with faculty and students; teaching and advising experience.
This position requires relocation to Kosovo.
The RIT Kosovo Vice President of Academic Affairs position reports directly to the Associate Provost of International Education and Global Programs at RIT. The position has additional reporting responsibilities and consultation with the President of RIT Kosovo.
Commensurate with experience