Global Engagement Seminar
Upon your return, you will attend the Global Engagement Seminar, a program designed to help you “unpack” your experiences. You will learn valuable tools for communicating the skills you gained overseas to future employers during your co-op/job search. You will also learn about opportunities to work for our office as a Peer Mentor and see images from the Tiger’s abroad photo competition. It’s also a great way to share your experiences, your photos and your excitement with each other.
Peer Mentor Program
Did you have a life changing experience while studying abroad? Was there something you learned that you wished you had been told before you left? Work as a Peer Mentor for RIT Global and make an impact on other students as they prepare for their own profound overseas journey! Even if you only went abroad for a few weeks, consider being a Peer Mentor. As a Peer Mentor you will help us recruit students by sharing your personal experience, photos and advice with students through a variety of RIT Global events including the Study Abroad Fair, information tables, Pre-Departure etc. and by connecting with students one-on-one. While Peer Mentors are not paid, they receive lots of special perks such as food, study abroad swag, customized advising/programming, and professional experience to put on a resume.
- Peer Mentors must commit to working for RIT Global for one year.
- Peer Mentors must attend mandatory training.
- Peer Mentors must commit to working a minimum number of hours/events for the year.
- Click on the link for the Compass.
- Log in with your RIT Username and Password.
- On the Search Programs tab at the top select “RIT” as the Provider and enter the keywords “Peer Mentor”
- Select the RIT Global Peer Mentor application and push Apply Now for the appropriate academic year.
- Complete all of the fields in each section of the application. Make sure to press Save & Continue on each page.
- Once you have collected a green check mark for each section indicating that the section is complete, go to Review & Save and SUBMIT your application.
As an alum of RIT and study abroad, you have a unique perspective on the value of international education. We would love to keep in touch with you to hear how your study abroad experience continues to impact your academic and career goals and opportunities. We could also use your help promoting study abroad. Keep in touch by emailing email@example.com.
If you are interested in going overseas again for an extended amount of time to earn a Master’s degree, teach English or conduct research, consider applying for a prestigious fellowship such as the Fulbright, Rhodes or Marshall. Please visit the Fellowships section of this website for more information.
Other Opportunities to Go Abroad
Still have the bug? There are many other ways you can go overseas and former study abroad candidates are usually good candidates for these opportunities. Visit the links below to learn more.