Study Abroad For Liberal Arts Students
- There is a wide variety of liberal arts coursework abroad which means you will need to spend some time narrowing down your program choices. Thinking about your priorities in choosing a program (level of cultural immersion, program cost, language of instruction and location) will help you settle on a good program fit.
CLA Study Abroad Info Sheet – Highlights major/college specific study abroad information such as the best time to go and popular programs.
- If you’re interested in one of the programs highlighted, login to the Compass (application database), click on the ‘Search Programs’ tab and type in the program name in the keyword box to learn more and start an application.
- Don’t see a program you’re interested in on the sheet? Do a Compass search to expand your options (choose your field of study from the drop down list).
CLA Study Abroad Pathway - Developed by CLA to help students in each major identify an ideal time to study abroad. If the suggested time frame for your major doesn’t work for you, work with your academic and study abroad advisors to determine an alternative time frame.
The College of Liberal Arts (CLA) offers faculty-led study abroad programs designed, developed and led by CLA faculty. The travel portion of these programs are usually shorter in length (between one to five weeks) taking place over summer, winter break or spring break.
These upcoming CLA Faculty-Led Programs are currently accepting applications:
|Transnational Workshop: Digital Creation 'Beyond the Screen'||Paris, France||Spring course with early summer travel||Faculty Director: Laura Schakleford (email@example.com)|
|The Voices of Ghana: A Transformed African Country||Legon, Ghana||Summer||Faculty Directors: Dr. Kijana Crawford (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Edward Kannyo (email@example.com)|
Study Abroad Scholarships for Liberal Arts Students:
- CLA Study Abroad Scholarship - grants up to $750 can be awarded to CLA majors to help fund a study abroad trip from the College of Liberal Arts.
- RIT Education Abroad Travel Grant - awarded to students going on RIT Global Campus, exchange or faculty-led programs. You will be able to “opt-in” for this scholarship consideration as part of your application.
- Honors students are eligible for a $500 travel grant to study abroad.
For many more scholarships and fellowships for study abroad use the scholarship search tool available at fellowships.rit.edu
CLA Global Ambassadors
Study Abroad Global Ambassadors are returned CLA study abroad students who can answer any questions you may have from a student perspective – feel free to reach out to them via email or social media.
|Rose Lukasiewicz||International & Global Studies||Museums & Beyond: Art & Culture in Paris, Madrid & Rome (IES)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Simran Singh||International & Global Studies||RIT Kosovo Peace & Conflict Summer Program; Semester in Madrid - Universidad Antonio de Nebrija (CIS)||email@example.com|
|Darryl Miller||Psychology||RIT Kosovo Peace & Conflict Summer Programfirstname.lastname@example.org|