Study Abroad For Liberal Arts Students
- There is a wide variety of liberal arts coursework abroad which means you will need to spend some time narrowing down your program choices. Thinking about your priorities in choosing a program (level of cultural immersion, program cost, language of instruction and location) will help you settle on a good program fit. A study abroad advisor can help you determine your priorities.
- New College of Liberal Arts (CLA) Global Opportunity (GO) Grant available for all CLA majors/double majors - an automatic $500 grant to study abroad (must meet study abroad eligibility requirements).
CLA Study Abroad Info Sheet – Highlights major/college specific study abroad information such as the best time to go and popular programs.
- If you’re interested in one of the programs highlighted, login to the Compass (application database), click on the ‘Search Programs’ tab and type in the program name in the keyword box to learn more and start an application.
- Don’t see a program you’re interested in on the sheet? Do a Compass search to expand your options (choose your field of study from the drop down list).
CLA Study Abroad Pathway - Developed by CLA to help students in each major identify an ideal time to study abroad. If the suggested time frame for your major doesn’t work for you, work with your academic and study abroad advisors to determine an alternative time frame.
The College of Liberal Arts (CLA) offers faculty-led study abroad programs designed, developed and led by CLA faculty. The travel portion of these programs are usually shorter in length (between one to five weeks) taking place over summer, winter break or spring break. Email email@example.com to inquire about upcoming faculty-led programs.
Study Abroad Scholarships for Liberal Arts Students:
- CLA Global Opportunity (GO) Grant - an automatic $500 grant to study abroad for all CLA majors/double majors (must meet study abroad eligibility requirements).
- CLA Student Travel Fund - grants up to $750 may be awarded to CLA majors to help fund a study abroad program
- RIT Education Abroad Travel Grant - awarded to students going on RIT Global Campus, exchange or faculty-led programs. You will be able to “opt-in” for this scholarship consideration as part of your application.
- Honors students are eligible for a $500 travel grant to study abroad.
Other featured study abroad scholarships - keep in mind that scholarship deadlines are often early, so it’s best to investigate these now. We also have a scholarship advisor in our office who can provide feedback on your scholarship essays to make sure they are competitive.
CLA Global Ambassadors
Study Abroad Global Ambassadors are returned CLA study abroad students who can answer any questions you may have from a student perspective – feel free to reach out to them via email or social media.
|Darryl Miller||Psychology||RIT Kosovo Peace & Conflict Summer Programfirstname.lastname@example.org||Read Darryl's blog post|
|Roberto Ramos-Brito||Japanese Language||KIT Summer Program in Japaneseemail@example.com|
|Trinity McFadden||Criminal Justice||Russian Sign Language & Deaf Culture (faculty-led program)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rose Lukasiewicz||International & Global Studies||Museums & Beyond: Paris, Madrid & Rome (IES); Semester in Ecuador (CIS)||email@example.com||Read Rose's blog post|
Additional International Opportunities
These highlighted international programs and fellowships include options for undergraduate students or after graduation opportunities.
- Critical Language Scholarship - Funding for an 8-10 week summer study abroad opportunity for American college and university students to learn languages essential to America’s engagement with the world.
- Boren Awards - A scholarship program for U.S. undergraduate students to help fund a language intensive study abroad program for a semester or summer abroad.
- Fulbright Fellowship (U.S. Student Program) - funding for upcoming or recent graduates to go to grad school, teach English, or complete an independent research project abroad.
Contact Jenny Sullivan (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Education Abroad, for more information on these opportunities and to assist you in the application process.
Search for more fellowship opportunities at email@example.com