Study Abroad for NTID Students
- RIT Access Services support for study abroad programs is available as funds allow. Contact Angela Hauser at firstname.lastname@example.org early in your study abroad planning to inquire about availability of access services.
- Support is most often available for RIT Global Campus programs, RIT faculty-led programs and some short-term affiliate programs.
- Vocational Rehabilitaion (VR) Services may provide financial assistance to NTID students studying abroad. Talk with your VR counselor to determine if assistance is available.
NTID Study Abroad Info Sheet – Highlights study abroad information such as the best time to go and popular programs.
If you’re interested in one of the programs highlighted, login to the Compass (application database), click on the ‘Search Programs’ tab and type in the program name in the keyword box to learn more and start an application.
NTID offers faculty-led study abroad programs designed, developed and led by NTID faculty. The travel portion of these programs are usually shorter in length (between one to five weeks) taking place over summer, winter break or spring break.
These upcoming NTID Faculty-Led Programs are currently accepting applications:
|China & The Chinese Deaf Community||Beijing, Tianjin & Changchun, China||Spring course with early summer travel||Faculty Director: Yufang Liu (email@example.com)|
Study Abroad Scholarships for NTID Students:
- RIT Education Abroad Travel Grant - Awarded to students going on RIT Global Campus, exchange or faculty-led programs. You will be able to “opt-in” for this scholarship consideration as part of your application.
- Hayes and Murai Scholarships - Funding between $500-$1,000 to Deaf/HOH RIT students for a study abroad experience. You will be automatically considered for this scholarship when applying for an RIT Global Campus or Faculty-Led program.
- Honors students are eligible for a $500 travel grant to study abroad.
- Diversity Abroad Overseas Ambassador - $500 scholarship to serve as an overseas correspondent, sharing your experiences to motivate other members of the DiversityAbroad.com community to go abroad.
For many more scholarships and fellowships for study abroad use the scholarship search tool available at fellowships.rit.edu
NTID & Deaf/HOH Global Ambassadors
Study Abroad Global Ambassadors are returned NTID and Deaf/HOH study abroad students who can answer any questions you may have from a student perspective – feel free to reach out to them via email or social media.
|Guillermo Burgos||SOIS||RIT Croatiafirstname.lastname@example.org|