Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.
RIT Global

On occasion a student is not able to find a study abroad program among our many RIT approved programs and they choose to study abroad independently. The student may need to take a brief leave of absence from RIT and the student will be transferring in the study abroad credits. We encourage these students to still meet with the Education Abroad office to ensure they are completing all application steps. These students are not eligible for any financial aid and should work with their advisors and the Registrar’s Office to ensure that the courses they take abroad can be transferred into RIT and count toward their degree requirements. Students who earn a C- or below will not be able to transfer in the courses.

 Download an independent program course pre-approval form here.