Students have a unique opportunity to study at RIT exchange partner university, Beijing Jiaotong University in Beijing, China. All RIT students accepted for the exchange program to BJTU will study at BJTU’s main campus in Beijing, China. At BJTU there is no minimum requirement for the number of classes incoming exchange students must be enrolled in. However, it is advised that students not exceed 16 credits per semester. Your department advisor and study abroad advisor must review and pre-approve the courses offered and enrolled in to ensure you stay on track with your individual degree program.
There are two areas of study at BJTU including Chinese language courses and business/economics courses taught in English:
- Chinese Language Courses
Chinese language courses include comprehensive, speaking, reading, and writing, listening and business Chinese. The Language Training Center provides courses at 6 different levels depending on the student’s skill level. Once the student has registered at BJTU they must sit a Chinese Proficiency test and will be assigned to the class that fits their level.
Fall courses in English may include:
- Principles of Management
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Applied Statistics
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
Spring Semester Courses in English may include:
- Principles of Economics
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Fundamentals of Corporate Management
- Intermediate Accounting
- Management Information Systems
- International Business Law
The BJTU Center for International Education usually arranges a few excursions and city tours during the semester for RIT exchange students. Excursions may include:
- A trip to the Forbidden City and National Museum
- Traditional Chinese Festival activities
- Majestic mountains.
1) Make an appointment with a study abroad advisor for this program to go over required application steps - choose a date and time
2) Start an application in the Compass.
RIT students only