Spend a month living in Rennes, France, and studying French language and culture at the prestigious INSA Rennes with other international students. INSA is known internationally as one of the best Engineering colleges in Europe. In this program, students will accompany an RIT faculty member and take one engineering course for 3 credits and an additional 6 credits (for transfer) in French language and culture. Rennes is in Brittany and just 1.5 hours from the coast and four hours to Paris which makes it an accessible jumping-off point for personal travel. A three-night excursion to Paris is included in the program.
This program is expected to run next in summer 2024. To inquire about the 2024 program, contact the faculty director, Matt Marshall (email@example.com).
- Engineering students can complete their required Engineering Economy course while immersing in French culture.
- Experience French university life while studying for four weeks at INSA.
- Further develop your French language skills.
- Travel to Paris for three days to further explore French culture and visit historical sites.
- Take courses that can count towards a French immersion at RIT.
- ISEE 345 - Engineering Economy (3 RIT credits)
- French Language (3 transfer credits)
- French Culture (3 transfer credits)
Pre-requisites: For French language - 4 years HS French or Beginning French 1 at RIT.
Open to all undergraduate KGCOE majors. Other STEM majors will be considered if space allows.
Applications for summer 2024 will open in September 2023.
RIT students only