Spend a month living in Rennes, France, and studying French language and culture at the prestigious INSA Rennes with other international students. INSA is known internationally as one of the best Engineering colleges in Europe. In this program, students will accompany an RIT faculty member and take one engineering course for 3 credits and an additional 6 credits (for transfer) in French language and culture. Rennes is in Brittany and just 1.5 hours from the coast and four hours to Paris which makes it an accessible jumping-off point for personal travel. A three-night excursion to Paris is included in the program. The program is limited to 15 participants so be sure to get your application in and follow all the application steps outlined below!
Program Term: Summer 2022
Travel Dates: May 29-July 1, 2022
- Engineering students can complete their required Engineering Economy course while immersing in French culture.
- Experience French university life while studying for four weeks at INSA.
- Further develop your French language skills.
- Travel to Paris for three days to further explore French culture and visit historical sites.
- Take courses that can count towards a French immersion at RIT.
- ISEE 345 - Engineering Economy (3 RIT credits)
- French Language (3 transfer credits)
- French Culture (3 transfer credits)
Pre-requisites: For French language - 4 years HS French or Beginning French 1 at RIT.
Open to all undergraduate KGCOE majors. Other STEM majors will be considered if space allows.
A student budget worksheet for the summer 2022 program is available here. Bring a copy of the budget worksheet to a meeting with RIT Financial Aid to determine how your aid may apply towards program costs. Study abroad scholarships may be available for this program (must meet eligibility requirements).
COVID-19 & Study Abroad
The RIT Education Abroad office is constantly monitoring how COVID-19 is affecting international travel, with student safety as our top priority. Students will be required to be vaccinated, follow all applicable CDC and/or state/international travel guidelines when traveling, and may need to take additional precautions. For the most up to date information and FAQs, please visit COVID-19 & Study Abroad
RIT students only